I was trying out my new NYX Perfect Filter Rustic Antique palette. I wanted to create a rustic warm smokey eye look with it since it has so many warm reddish brown eyeshadows. But I have a strong affinity for black and I am always drawn towards black when it comes to smokey eye. I love a black bold smokey eye look😛. Its the perfect eye look for a night out, clubbing with friends and goes with almost every outfit.
So I did this classic black smokey eye instead and I kinda loved how it turned out. Please read on to know how I achieved this eye look.
I have included a picture of the palette and marked the eye shadows I used for this look as the shadows in this palette do not have any names on them.
I used an eye shadow primer to prevent creasing of the shadows as I have oily eyelids. Then I took the shadow closest to my skin tone and used it to set the eye shadow primer.
I used the orange shade in the palette as a transition shade. I applied it a little bit above my crease with a big fluffy eye shadow blending brush.Then by using the PAC matte single eye shadow in the shade #8, I deepened the transition shade. You can use the same eye shadow and build it up to deepen the crease color.
Then I used the warm rust brown color in the palette to further deepen the crease with a crease brush. I packed a black eye shadow on my upper eyelids with a flat eye shadow brush .
Then I took the brown shadow again and blended the black eye shadow so that there were no harsh lines and the black blended into the brown
seamlessly. I used the first orange shade to blend everything again to create that nice transition from black to brown to orange.
I repeated the same steps on my lower lid. Then I applied the Loreal Paris Silkissime eyeliner in black on my upper and lower
waterline. And finished off by coating my eyelashes with the Loreal Paris Million Volume Lashes mascara.
I did a nude lip with this eye look and used a blush of same tones to tie the whole makeup look together. Below is the list of products I used.
Products used :
1. Clinique Moisture Surge extended thirst relief
2. Innisfree no-sebum Blur Primer
3. Loreal Paris Infallible 24hr Stay Fresh Foundation in the shade –
4. MAC Prolong wear concealer in NC45 + Maybelline Fit Me concealer in shade # 25 medium
5. Revlon photoready Bronzer in Bronzed & chic
6. Colorbar Cheekillusion Blush in Sweet Scarlet
7. Milani Strobelight in SunGlow
1.Colorbar brow pencil in Chestnut
2. NYX Tinted Brow mascara in ‘Espresso’
1. Elf Essential Eyelid Primer in sheer
2. Nyx Perfect Filter Rustic antique palette
3. PAC matte eye shadow in shade# 8
4. Loreal Paris Silkissime eyeliner in black
5. Loreal Paris Million Volume Lashes mascara
Lips : The Balm Cosmetics meet Matte Hughes in the shade ‘Trustworthy’
I hope this step by step tutorial is helpful to you guys. Please let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment down below.