We all know that sleeping in makeup is bad. Taking off your makeup properly before sleeping is a very important step in anyone’s beauty regimen.
Not removing makeup properly at the end of the day results in clogged pores, break outs, dull skin premature aging(with time) and what not !!!!
As you all know by now that I have an combination to oily skin. I naturally tend to break out if I don’t take good care of my skin. Plus your makeup will look even better if your skin is healthy.
So before hitting the bed I make sure that every last bit of makeup is gone from my face.
You can use any product that works for you. You can devise your own regimen for removing makeup.
But this is how I like to do it👇
1. Makeup Remover wipes : When you use a lot of products for your base and layer them, a cleanser cannot remove them all. And I don’t like to swirl the
products around on my face while cleansing. So I use a makeup wipe first to remove all the base makeup like my Foundation, Concealer, eye shadow, etc
Now, there are a lot of makeup remover wipes available out there. Currently, I am using this Colorbar On The Go Makeup Remover Wipes.
Price : Rs.230/- (approx)
2. Waterproof eye and lip Makeup remover : Now a days everybody uses liners and Kajals that are waterproof and long wearing. Lipsticks too. So washing them off does not really do the job. I use an oil based makeup remover for those products. And I have always used this Maybelline Total Clean for that. Its effective and affordable. Never thought of trying anything alse 😀
How I do it — >
– I take the remover on cotton pads and place it on the eyes for few minutes to break the product down
– massage the eyes gently in circular motion
– wipe it off, AGAIN very gently as the eye are is very delicate
Same steps for lips.
3. Cleansing oil –
This is one extra step that I take. And by far I feel its the most important step. I take a cleansing oil, any cleansing oil and apply it on my face exactly like I would apply my face wash. This will take off every last bit of residual makeup. I use this Body Shop Chamomile cleansing oil.
You can use this oil all over your face and your eyes too. It removes waterproof eyeliner and mascara very effectively. It emulsifies when you add water to it. And the best part is you can just rinse it off. No need to use a face wash as it does not leave any oily residue on the skin.
Now this is what I like to use. But you can use any oil like Olive oil or coconut oil for this. But you have to follow up with a face wash to remove the oil from the skin.
I follow these steps every single time I put full face of makeup on.
I hope this post is helpful.